Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Beta maine Paan Khaya he...Kaha thuke?

“Jogeshwari?”

I took rickshaw from my clients office to home. Very rarely rickshawalas ready to come without any question or disguised face.

He didn’t ask and said "baitho…"

It was just few seconds, he ‘delivered’ a great spit of Pan on road…

It was enough big to cover substantial radius…

I said... (as I usual) “kyu raste pe thukte ho uncle…kyu rasta ganda karte ho…”

He didn’t respond…neither looked back…so rude!

Surprisingly after few minutes he did it again…

Without linking to previous one and taking on my ego…I asked him

same question…”Uncle aise raste pet thunkna acchi bat he kya?”

Now he turned back…generally people make ugly face to convey sorry…

I was expecting either same or an arrogant answer…

He asked interesting question… “beta maine pan khya he ..kaha thunku…?”

Question was rational!…obvious question came into my mind..phir pan kyu

khate ho…? I didn’t want to attack on Article 21 of Constitution…

So I asked..”pan khao..lekin kone me thuko...aise road kyu gande karte ho…”

He turned back and said…”waise aap ka kahna sahi he….!!! This was height…!

No rickshawala take me so seriously… (feel good)..lekin kya he na beta aadat

pad gayi he…

I realised this is one in blue moon…its really a great experience to talk

to rickshawalas during your journey…they are practical guys…they don’t live

on white colored philosophies and apparent show offs of cultures…

They live actual life…I could sense a great listening experience for next

30 minutes…its necessary, because if I want to do something for people, I

ought to listen grass root thoughts of these real people…

I thanked for being seated in this rickshaw…

“waise aapka kehna sahi he..lekin aadat pad gayi he…raste pe thukna apne

aap ho jata he…”

“Aapki jo generation he na beta..wo agar sudhar leti he to agle 10-15 salome

jo he ….. (he also had to see front..he was driving)…log pan khana band

kar denge..aur phir raste pe nahi thukenge…lekin hamari jo pidhi he na

use badalna muskil he…sadiyose kuch cheej karte ate he..wo badalna

mushkil he…”

He made a well point.

“Abhi aapne kaha …hame sahi laga…apni galti lagi..do teen din jo he hum

galti nahi karenge…lekin uske bad fires raste pe thukenge…”

Confession!They are real people with no show off…they speak what is real…

I chose not to comment. Every thing need not be opposed.

“Ab hamare gao me he na beta…pan khana accha mana jata he…”

I guessed his gaon…” daru pina ashuddh mana jata he…to log daru

nahi pite….lekin pan khate he…ab ye aadat lag gayi he…to yaha aake bhi

chalu he…”

I said after letting him completing sentence…” lekin aap hi bolo uncle…aapke

gao me daru pina accha nahi samjha jata…ab jaise kisi samaj me daru pina

bura nahi he…lekin agar koi aadmi daru pike rastepe leta rahe to accha he

kya?... he though and said…”aapki bat sahi he…”

It was an acceptance without any counter statement…

“jo karma he aapke ghar me karo na…raste me kyu?...”

Rickshaw took highway and he came on point...

“ye sirf ek hi karan band ho sakta he…agar …….. me raste pe thuku aur char

log mujhe dekhe…aur unke saamne mujhe thukne ko sharam ati he..mera

man bolta he nahi inke samne nahi thukna he…jaise aapke liye mujhe laga…

(he actually didn’t spit thereafter..though he had great liquid treasure in

his mouth…I appreciate it!) tohi…ye adapt badal sakti he…


This is a great theory…really…and I shall keep in mind…

So true…I don’t commit any wrong, if I fear to do it in front of those whom

I respect…and think..wo kya sochenge…!!!”

We should create culture where people will start respecting each other

and scaring to commit any wrong thinking, if they feel what will they think

for me….!

“lekin ye Mumbai me nahi hota….” Yaha pe sabhi aisa karte he…koi kisi ko

kuch nahi bolta…” he was damn right.We people have assumed many things

and stop complaining…everyone knows what wrong he is doing but doesn’t feel

so because he knows its not regarded as wrong by others.

“gaon me sandas nahi hote…log dur jate he..kyu? kyonki wo darte he..gaon

ke kisine dekh liya to?.... Mumbai me aap mujhe jaha chahe bolo…me

peshab karunga…yaha bolo waha bolo…kyunki koi kuch nahi bolta…”

He pointed right solution…

Saint Dnyaneshwar while describing ideal society in pasaydan says…

Ishwarnishthanchi mandiyali betatu bhuta||

Chala kalptarunche arav | chetana chintamaninche gav | bolate je

arnav piyushanche.||

There should be groups of wise people be roaming on earth…and they

should meet people…not single wise person but groups of wise people…

We really need to build groups of wise and gentle people in society…to

whom people will respect and scare of doing any wrong thing…to whom

people will regard their behavior responsible to…who would keep check

on behavior of society.

We discussed then on difference between UP and Bihari…Biharis destroyed

the culture he said…”wo sab ganda karte he…” lekin log kahte he

“ Bhaiyane ganda kiya…”

“hum pandit he…hamare gav me hum panditi karte he…mere pardada

kahte he…….Jab koyle ka engine tha tab hum gadi se utarte the to log

hamare pav padte the…Pundit aya… diesel ka engine aaya to logone dekhna

band kiya…ab electric engine aya to kehte he “Sala bhaiya aaya…!” (he used

three types of engines to denote changes in time…)

Logonki galti nahi he…unke liye sab ek jaisehi dikhte he…lekin dekho to

bolneki tone me farak he…

35 minutes of conversation…I think was more important for me, that I felt

to reduce in writing and share it with you …sometimes I feel myself fortunate

to be somewhere, I experience something very unique never before and

which lasts with me or make my thinking process…

That conversation was such…

When I gave him money we both pranam each other…milke accha laga!!!

He really gave me a new way of solution to work upon the old problem.

-Harshad Mane

2 comments:

  1. Excellent that’s what I can say to “his” understanding of community and life, many lives together makes a community and a community (Population) with its practices, rules and principles becomes a society. We today are divided in no. of communities yet to form a true society.
    An ideology needs to be injected in blood and it can happen only through education, not formal one, but the cultural education, patriotism, self realization of well being of the “Population”. Agarkar, Nyaymurti Ranade he sagle tech sangun gele, Dr. Sarvapalli RadhaKrushnan………list will go on they all insisted upon making a society because only “Swatantrya/ Swarajya” will not make a “Samaj” because u will need something to bind them together ……………my request to all is only a simple thing – simply tell all kids around you that “spitting is bad, something as if the place is your mom and you are spitting on her, this will spread germs………..” make it simpler as u cld do with stories and poems, hammer that on their brain all the time instead of hammering the Brands/ Toys/ money/ TV because, values makes a human being until then all are animals ………….
    Harshad as I always say we learn best and it comes best when u learn and write from experience…………

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sharvari..
    U r very rite...
    learning is best when u are open to people,
    and people tech you alot when u r willing to learn...
    Its so amazing when u go to people they are ready to tell you everything of their problem and even solution,which they themselves cannot apply.
    you should gather such words and apply..
    u dont need to do any hard to bring change then!!!

    ReplyDelete